Friday 9 March 2012

Dem Blues


Took a couple days away from the city. This is out the train window. I don't know much about the surrounding area of Bristol despite having lived there a year, but I know it's very flat. 


Made a painting of something that's been in my sketchbook a while. This guy is kind of like the other portraits I've been doing, kind of archetypal figures. I love all those delta blues guys, Bukka White, Mississippi John Hurt, Robert Johnson. Feels good to make some paintings again, and to be standing up while I work!

Found this guy. It's a book of drawings I never got round to finishing. I thought it was stupid how the other drawings showed through on the paper I had gotten for it, but now I see its charm. Might finish these off before I go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment